Ingredients for 4 persons
- 4 free-range chicken thighs
- Butter or cooking oil if the chicken is not fatty enough
If you are raising the legs yourself from a whole chicken, here are the first steps. Otherwise, you can skip straight to cooking.
Preparing the thighs :
- Cut the skin between the carcass and the thigh to reveal the muscle. Dislocate the femur.
- Turn the chicken over to take out the soy-l'y-leash with your finger or a paring knife.
- Turn the chicken over again and cut the flesh along the bone to detail the thigh.
- Repeat on the other side.
Cooking the thighs :
- Salt generously on the flesh side.
- Place the chicken thighs skin side down in a cold skillet. Begin cooking over medium heat. You can add a little butter if your chicken thighs are not fatty enough.
- As soon as you hear the chicken thighs crackling in the pan, put a smaller pan on it. That way, the skin of the thighs doesn't shrink and that's what will make it as crispy as you want!
- Continue cooking for about 15 minutes.
And it's ready! Treat yourself !
You can accompany them with a gribiche sauce, it's extra! (The sauce recipe is coming soon!)
Find the recipe in video
Link to Instagram video here.
Leave a comment